Primary accessibility issues found include:
- missing structural landmarks and semantic markup;
- interacting with the navigation (mobile and desktop);
- images and infographics without alt text or alternative descriptions;
- no controls on carousels;
- contrast issues throughout including buttons and headings.
Following the accessibility audit we have fixed the following issues:
- Inconsistent functionality across different devices - the footer navigation is now visible on mobile devices
- Dual purpose top level navigation items - This method of dual click/hover functionality has been removed from the navigation on desktop and mobile devices.
- On key pages we converted images to text for prices and complication rate tables
- New images are loaded with descriptions
Our Accessibility Report
You can see our latest Accessibility report here.
If you are finding any content not accessible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our site, so if you find anything on the site difficult to use please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
If you have questions on enforcement procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Text only version and font size
We now have a tool to convert our webpages to a text only version to improve accessibility. You can find the tool at the top left of each webpage. You can also select the font size for the original page and the text only version. You can find the font size options labelled 'A' next to the 'Text only version' button.