BPAS journal publishes papers from 2008's landmark 'Future of Abortion' conference
Published 20 November 2008
ABORTION: ETHICS, CONSCIENCE AND CHOICE
BPAS's journal 'Abortion Review' has published edited papers from the landmark BPAS 'Future of Abortion' conference in June 2008. This conference was opened by a UK government minister and made news headlines around the world, as key players from the international sexual and reproductive health scene presented their views on the latest issues and future directions of abortion and contraceptive care.
Contributions to this first edited collection of papers go to the heart of the ethical and moral debates about abortion. Edited papers from other areas of the conference will be published on the Abortion Review website soon. Expert presentations include:
- THE PROBLEM WITH PAIN: WHAT THE FETUS FEELS. By Stuart Derbyshire
- THE VALUE OF LIFE: WHEN DOES IT BEGIN, WHEN DOES IT MATTER? By John Harris
- PRESENTING THE CASE FOR CONSCIENCE. By Jon O’Brien
- PRESENTING THE CASE FOR CHOICE. By Kirsten Moore
- HOW LATE IS TOO LATE FOR PROVIDERS? By Lisa H. Harris
- WHO IS ETHICAL, WHO IS MORAL? By Ann Furedi
Download 'Abortion, Ethics, Conscience and Choice' for free here:
The Future of Abortion conference took place in Westminster, London in June 2008, opened with a keynote speech from Dawn Primarolo MP, Minister of State for Public Health.
Visit Abortion Review for news, comment and clinical updates on abortion and contraception. Abortion Review is a free educational resource produced by BPAS online and in quarterly hard copy edition.
For more information or to request an interview please contact the BPAS press office on 020 7612 0206