Who are we?
BPAS is an independent healthcare charity which for more than 55 years, has been advocating and caring for women and couples who decide to end a pregnancy. We also offer additional health services. You can contact our Data Protection Officer by calling 0345 365 5050 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you when you visit www.bpas.org also when you contact us in writing, speak to us on the phone, by email or any other type of electronic communication, or talk to us face to face.
What types of information do we collect from you?
We collect different categories of information about you, depending on the service you want from us and/or the reason why we need to process information relating to you. This could be personal information (for example your name and address), or other more sensitive data that we would only collect and use in very particular circumstances that are set out in law.
Using your personal data
We use your data for purposes such as (but not limited to):
- Deliver safe and effective healthcare services
- Meet our legal and regulatory obligations as a professional healthcare provider
- Identify NHS funding and process payment for services including identity checks
- Process charitable donations (including gift aid)
You can see more detail about how our services use your data and why, on the following link: Privacy Notice by Service Area
Research and statistics
Anonymised and pseudonymised data may be used for research and statistical purposes. Any data collected may be used for research and statistical purposes that are relevant and compatible with the purpose that the data was collected for.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
What are your rights in relation to the personal data we process’
- Access – you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by BPAS.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Erasure – you can ask us to delete your personal information. BPAS can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing – you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions – you have the right to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision
How long will we keep your information for?
We will comply with Data Protection legislation. We keep and dispose of all records in line with our record retention schedule;
What security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. We recommend that you take every precaution to protect your personal information.
Keeping your data up to date
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding the use of your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer; By Post:
The Data Protection Officer
BPAS Head Office
2 Athena Drive
By phone: 0345 365 5050.
By email: email@example.com
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO): By Post:
Information Commissioner's Office,
Cheshire SK9 5AF
By phone: 0303 123 1113 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
Alternatively, visit ico.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org