As a charity and a healthcare organisation, it is vital that the public, our clients and commissioners have confidence that the service we provide, is robust, fit for purpose, safe and appropriate.
The governance of our organisation starts with our board of Trustees who have ultimate responsibility for the organisation. Governance is then split between Clinical Governance and Corporate Governance.
The Executive Leadership Team is a team of experts in their individual fields who support our Chief Executive to set strategic direction for BPAS. As a team, they develop, implement, and monitor our annual Business Plan. Each member of the ELT has specific functions and responsibilities they discharge with the team(s) they lead.
- Set appropriate frameworks and policies which support our organisational objectives and provide collective view of and plan for issues that impact and affect BPAS as a whole organisation;
- Discuss issues affecting BPAS and the wider health economy and collectively identify advocacy opportunities that come from the work we do;
- Hold responsibility for Equality & Diversity within our organisation but also for the clients we serve.
Our board of trustees ultimately lead our organisation. They are appointed to ensure we are doing what we were set-up to do and that we continue to achieve our goals and objectives. Each member of our board of trustees has specific skills, knowledge and experience to help us deliver our service and our strategy.
Our current board of Trustees are listed below:
- Dame Cathy Warwick MSc RM (Chair)
- Professor Iain Cameron
- Anne Shevas OBE
- Sanjay Shah
- Dr Lucy Moore
- Doctor Sheelagh McGuinness
- Graham Colbert
- Dr Jane Stewart
- Natasha Walton
- Sam Smethers
- Siobhan Kenny
- Debra Holloway