Text Only Version A | A | A

Feedback and complaints

BPAS' Client Engagement Manager can help you 

Information on how to give feedback is available at all clinics, in the Feedback and Complaints Policy leaflet and below. We will do everything we can to resolve your concerns or complaints and rectify mistakes. We use client feedback to evaluate, develop and improve our services. It is important for us to know what we do well, so that we continue to do it right.  We also want to know if things are not working quite as they should, so we can improve

There are lots of ways to share your feedback

  • Speak to a senior member of staff or the clinic manager at any time - if your feedback is negative, this is often the best route to an immediate solution
  • Contact BPAS’ Client Engagement Manager call: 03453655050 or email: clientservices@bpas.org
  • Complete an online client satisfaction survey form. If you gave your permission, a week after treatment we will email you with a link to our survey (or you can request thislink at a later time via clientservices@bpas.org)
  • Rate your experience via www.nhs.uk

Making a formal complaint

Who can complain

Anyone can complain about their own personal treatment experience, or the care we gave to a friend or family member.  However we must protect our clients confidentiality and will not share information with relatives or friends without first obtaining the permission of our client. All complaints will be considered providing the treatment was within the last 8 years.

How do I make a formal complaint

Write to: 

BPAS Client Engagement Manager,
20 Timothy's Bridge Road,
Stratford Enterprise Park,
Stratford on Avon CV37 9BF

or email: clientservices@bpas.org

The person treated must sign the letter, for us to check their identity and protect their privacy

If it is difficult for you to make a written complaint, you can make a verbal statement.  This will be typed up and sent to you to confirm it is an accurate record (by signing and returning it).  Telephone: 03453655050 for assistance

If your complaint relates to an information breach, or an alleged information breach, it will be  reported to the BPAS Data Protection Officer immediately.

If your treatment was self funded

Citizens Advice may offer information and advice on how to complain www.citizensadvice.org.uk

If your treatment was funded by the NHS

You could make a formal complaint to your local Clinical Commissioning Group.  Contact details can be found at www.nhs.uk (or ask a BPAS staff member).  Your local Healthwatch offers free independent advice too. See www.healthwatch.co.uk for details, email: enquiries@healthwatch.co.uk or telephone 0300 68 3000

GPs, Commissioners or health professionals can make a complaint on behalf of the patient. The complaint will be dealt with in accordance with the standard complaints process outlined in the flowchart above.  We also have a legal duty to protect the confidentiality of our client, for more information, please refer to the Commissioning led complaint process.